THE GOOD WOLF WINS....

One evening a grandfather was teaching his young grandson about the internal battle that each person faces. “There are two wolves struggling inside each of us,” the old man said.
“One wolf is vengefulness, anger, resentment, self-pity, fear . . . The other wolf is compassion, faithfulness, hope, truth, love . . .”
The grandson sat, thinking, then asked: “Which wolf wins, Grandfather?”
His grandfather replied, “The one you feed.”

This blog is about the constant struggle. Mostly about mine, but then all the major themes running through my life are universal to everyone else. If my experiences are able to help even one single person find their way through the labyrinth of life, then I am better equipped to stand in the face of any adversity and say, "Bring it. BRING IT! And pack a lunch." Its not about me at that point. And for me, that is the point, the whole point, and nothing but the point.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

I am Curious George

Miracles.

I have come to think that miracles come when you look for them. My basis for this comes from my study of the subconscious mind. One thing that I found in my studies is that we only obtain so much input from the world. Our consciousness only allows for what it is present to; for example: lets say you decided you wanted to buy a white Prius. You go and look at them and test drive one and now you are thinking about making the purchase. Oddly enough, it seems everywhere you look you see white Priuses. Everywhere! Its crazy! But....not really. It isn't that there are suddenly more white Prius cars, even if it seems that way. More precisely, it is because you are thinking about them, because they are in your consciousness, that you are noticing them. There are no more now than there were before. Its just an example of how what we think about manifests. It isn't exactly manifesting; miracles are there all along, we just have to be conscious of them, notice them, and act on them.

More than that, we have to be available. Like last week- I had a hell of a day, seemingly- woke up, power was shut off, was laid off the week beofre so didn't have money to pay it, my new boss, beautiful man, helped me. Meanwhile, I had to go in and turn off the breakers and my cat got locked in my room mate's room where the box is. When I discovered him in there, he had pooped on her bedding. Argh!!! Right? Like, enough already! Then I notice there is blood in his stool. I would never have noticed if he hadn't pooped on her light tan comforter.

So, effing hell, I have no money but I am grateful that I now know that he is ill. What to do? The year before I had a scenario with a vet in which they had the scale set wrong and told me my big cat was 5 pounds. I freaked. But we discovered when I brought him back that they had the scale set wrong and he was really 12. I called them. I reminded them what happened and would they like my business back. They gave me a free stool test, normally $60. While there, I sighed as the lady tried to sell me more stuff, saying, "Look, I am having a weird year financially, I can't buy any of that stuff right now." And she said, "Then you need a new experience. Lets manifest good health for your cat and prosperity for you, now." ....HUH? This is the lady at the vet! Wow. She proceeds to give me two website addresses for healing, she said, "there is something you aren't seeing, that oyu don't know is blocking you, contact them." One is www.pranichealing.com, and one is www.nowhealing.com.

I will be investigating those websites because I sometimes do feel there is something I am not seeing that I need to address. And this woman and her information was dropped into my lap by a series of incidents that are not random. I've never had that happen, but even as I sat and waited for the Dr, I thought to myself, "that is a formidable woman, great energy." I had already noticed.

If the power hadn't gone out my cat wouldn't be on his way to healing because I might not have known he was sick. And I wouldn't have gone to that vet, to that woman, with that information to give to me. I will keep you all posted about the Pranic Healing; I am also going to take Kabbalah classes beginning August 31. I am on a quest. I am not on a quest to find God, because my relationship with God is very real, very profound, and very funny. But more to find different ways to see; because if what is in my consciousness will allow me to see what is truly there, then I want to be conscious of different things and see if it organizes my thought processes in a way that creates a clearer experience as a spiritual being on this planet. It is this curiosity that motivates me, and gives me a lot of reason for being. Like Curious George, I put myself in a lot of interesting situations, scratching my head going, "Wow, well now what?" Its when I get to leap. Its when the net appears. Its knowing that it will before we do.

That is what this blog is for. All the little miracles that add up to my life. I spoke to a sponsee a little while ago, and she is just waking up to the beautiful unfolding and synchronicity that life is. I love to see that turn on in someone. It makes me sad when it doesn't. I see people with many years in recovery who aren't not turned on by life, who are not in constant gratitude and delight. You can lead a horse to water, but, you know, can't make him drink it. I am finding that you don't need to lead a horse to water; its everywhere you look.

Join the rest of the gang at-
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Good-Wolf-Wins-if-you-feed-it/135859416453647?ref=ts


No comments: